So instead, I have been working on opera house plans in my room, serenaded by hail, and with some very yummy porridge!
|Master planning with porridge. Life's pretty sweet.|
Little recipe for the best porridge in the world! Totally work friendly. I often take this into the studio, because porridge is bloody great and this version only needs a kettle. I started doing this after looking at the Quaker instant porridges in sainsbury's. Not only is this version cheaper, it also is not wasting packaging either. Throwing one of those pots away each time is crazy lazy. Jars? ECO POINTS.
What you need to do:
- Find yourself a jar - mine is an old peanut butter one.
- Into the jar goes: half a cup of rolled oats, handful of dried fruit (raisins, craisins, dried pinapple - go crazy!!!), seeds, nuts, whatever you want really. I then put in 1 tsp of peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Today's was raisins and peanut butter.
- Put the lid on
- Take it to work (don't forget a spoon), and wait for the distracting hunger pangs
- When you need a little foodie break, whack on the kettle, and pour boiling water into the jar.
- Pour enough in so that the water line is about 1 cm above the oatline.
- Wait about 5 minutes until it looks like porridge.
- Dig in, and witness your colleagues' envy.